Sunday, February 17, 2008

THE PASSION RUNS IN THE BLOOD {GRANDADDY- THIS IS FOR YOU}






...So after many many years of hearing the stories about how famous my granddaddy was bicoastal from Trinidad to Brooklyn, for designing and constructing his costumes and "playing mas", I finally got my hands on some images of how he used to get down and just then...it kinda all made sense. Yes! It runs in the blood. Some of my experiences with family in Trinidad were tear jerking, and I came back home with more of a purpose, in which I realized I shouldn't only be out there designing high fashion for my own fortune and well being, but I should be working on some of our traditions and spreading the fortune and talent throughout the family. I mean its only right eh'. Participating in carnival seems to be one of my family's biggest traditions, my granddad led the camp, my mom 'played mas' when she was a little girl, and all my aunts and cousins have had there share...so now here I go! I got the words of wisdom and the green light!




No comments: