Sunday, March 2, 2008

"Life's challenges are not suppose to paralyze you, they're suppose to help you discover who you are" - Bernice Johnson Reagon

...Its a sunny morning in Brooklyn, although it doesn't compare to the sunshine of Trinidad - its still all good. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood", as Mr. Rogers would say! I stayed up until 5 in the morning last night catching up on paper work that had piled up in the event I had an intern here to assist me with it. I sorted through all of BUTCH DIVA's 2007 receipts in preparation for tax write offs, and finally had a chance to go through all of my magazine tear sheets, in which I've been pulling and throwing to the side for months - and filed them accordingly as well. Everyday feels like another day in the development process so making sure I stay organized is vital to my success. If I allow my thoughts and mission to get too scattered, I may run the risk of losing focus...and we don't want that now do we! By the time I tucked myself in, feeling very much at peace with the fact that I was catching up, I was able to fall asleep with ease because my brain wasn't necessarily racing going over my to-do list, as if counting sheep. I felt confident I was doing all that I could at the moment in the process of accomplishing my goals...

An accomplishment a day keeps the negativity away. - BUTCH DIVA's boss lady Tiffany LaStar

No comments: