Sunday, November 4, 2007

MOMMY TO THE RESCUE...AGAIN!!!


I don't even know where to start when it comes to what my mother means to me. For starters, she just left my apt... she showed up with her magical mommy cape on her back and a halo over her head- bringing me a lil dough to get through the week-as supporting myself and supporting BUTCH DIVA outta pocket leaves me scrambling for some loose change every now and then, she bought groceries, a heater to keep me warm cuz my complaining about the cold is in full effect, and a scanner for my computer so I can start scanning images and inspirations for the blog....NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL SUPER-MOM!!!

Mama and I are definitely closer now then we have ever been before due to a chain of events concluding in us bonding and looking out for each other over the past few years. Either way, you better believe when I need her - she's there!! It's because of her I'm even struttin this planet, not to mention I'm following in her footsteps with this fashion biz, so making big things happen is not only my dream but hers! We're in it together...

Mother Dearest - (as tears fall) thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you x a million, for being there for me, planting these values of independence in my soul, and for never ever once doubting my capabilities. You've embraced my mistakes and allowed me to learn from them. I love you more than any Mahogany card can every explain and I look forward to continuing to make you proud of me. You better keep your head up where I can see it and continue to be inspired by your strength, courage, and will to proceed!

Your baby girl-always and 4eva!
Tiffany Lastar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mom is truly a remarkable woman. I don't even have to tell you how blessed you are to have her in your life, because I know what she means to you. Your mom has been there for me in many of my struggles since my freshman year of college, and now that I'm half way through senior year, she is still there being my "On campus mommy"...hence the FDU given title "Mama Lo" lol. Your mom is special, and I also send my thanks and appreciation for all she has done as well! Just from knowing your mom, I already know you are destined for greatness Tiffany. Good luck with everything and I hope God sends you nothing but blessings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, you are very lucky to have such an understanding, funny, down-to-earth Mom! She is one of those few people who you can truly rely on, She’s always around to lend a listening ear...Tif I’m so happy I finally got a chance to meet you, Lo always talks about you (good stuff lol) and you are truly a sweet person with creative edge! You MUST get it from ur Momma....(smiles) Keep doin' ur thang girl, love the style

~Nikki