Monday, April 13, 2009

DESIGNER SMART TALK.


Not only is Donna Karan a true asset to American fashion and classic style, but she's also a very smart business woman. I had the pleasure of meeting her many many years ago while in my senior year at The High School of Fashion Industries, and I've followed her work and business logic all throughout college. Being a designer is not just about drawing pretty pictures and sewing frilly clothes people - there is also a technical aspect to it, in which knowing the business and how to operate in this 'eat your child' industry will inevitably keep you ahead of the rest. After diggin and diggin -I was able to find this pic of us...I remember walking up to her and before I even got an introduction out - she said "wow- look at those boobs!" I think she was a lil tipsy... but instead of being offended or taken back by the fact that Donna Karan just made such a comment - I was even more inspired that she kept it real! Love ya Donna! :)

No comments: